Monday, August 9, 2010

15 Week Appointment

So I was really looking forward to my appointment last week to check up on my new little one. I was not scheduled for an ultrasound which I have to admit I was a little disappointed about. It is nearing the time this pregnancy to the point where things started to happen with the pregnancy with Julia and I kinda wanted to see if anything was in the works, but apparently abruptions happen suddenly and they could not have seen anything unless it was going to happen right then. My doctor did ask how I was doing and if I could make it through the next few weeks until my next appt on the 25th (when I have the anatomy scan) or if I wanted to come in. I told her I thought I would be okay, but it sure is nice knowing they are open to seeing me any time!

Actually, now that I have looked back at my calendar, depending on which way you look at it, I have either passed that point or am just approaching it. You see, with Julia my due date had been adjusted by about a week. When I looked at my calendar and my initial counts, I had been at 14 weeks, 5 days when it all started. But if you use the new timing based on a later ultrasound, it was at 16 weeks which I will be this Thursday. I know, all very confusing. The fact of the matter is though, is that I am feeling quite good considering all these dates are coming and going. Maybe it is b/c 14 and 5 is already past - and without my knowing it!- that I feel a bit more calm.

My appointment was quite basic really. Talk to the nurse, get blood pressure checked, listen to baby, get weight, see my doctor, and this time it was time to do the mid-stream urine test. I brought my mp3 player to record baby's heartbeat. :) It is not as loud as I would have liked it, and I hope you can all hear it well. You may have to turn your volume waaayyyy up! It was 158bpm.

(Well, I tried to download a sound file, but it does not work...does anyone know how to get a sound file on here?)

On Sunday I started feeling pretty ill - starting right around lunch time. Funny how that happened right after I delivered the cake and just before my friends wedding. We live 1.5 hours away though so it wasn't really an option to just go home. I felt like a fever was coming on and took a couple of tylenols to help. I eventually did start to feel better.

I had been wondering what it was, perhaps Ethan's bug that he had last weekend? I was quite worried at one point - I didn't want the fever to have any adverse effects on baby. It never got too high - I measured it when we got home and it was 100.6F. Not too bad. So, that is why I am home today. I didn't sleep well last night and I am pretty emotional too. After I got up this morning for breakfast, I went back to sleep and slept for another 2.5 hours! I think the fever is gone now and now I am dealing with the emotional stuff. I've learned that I just need to take the days when I need them, as I know I would be completely useless at work and I would just be a bundle of tears.

Anyways, I got a phone call this afternoon from my peri's office. Turns out the urine test was positive. Hmmm...possible reason for the fever?? I guess I'm one of those people who just can't really tell that they have an infection. I know there are risks with having an infection while pregnant and I just can't take them. So, I'll be going on a prescription to clear it up.

I love this little one so much! Sometimes I think I feel baby moving. I know it is still so early, but I know the sensation. :) My placenta is at the back so I will have more sensations at the front. It always happens in the morning when I am driving to work (when the seat belt is pressed against my abdomen) and after lunch when I am sitting doing something at the computer. Just a little bump..that's all I feel, but I know that feeling. :)

We don't really take too many pictures, but since we were just at a wedding we have a few. You can't really see my bump too well, but it gives you an idea. :)

And I just couldn't help but throw in this cute picture of Ethan. This cutie gives me hugs and cuddles when I need them most!

1 comment:

  1. Both of those pictures are so sweet!!!!

    Glad you were able to have the information about the infection and get antibiotics to clear it up! I worry that I will have an infection and won't even know it...I did with Matthew and only knew it because I had to go to the ER for something else!

    Hope you are feeling better soon and if you figure out how to do a sound clip, I'm all ears!! I can't figure it out either!!!

    ReplyDelete