Today I am at 18 weeks. :) I feel so happy having gotten this far...but baby steps are what I am walking. Next goal...20 weeks.
Yesterday I had an appt with my peri and had the anatomy ultrasound. It was so nice to see baby again. Baby was all curled up in a ball way down low so the tech had a very difficult time getting to see some of the things needed for the anatomy scan. Baby was measuring at 17.5 weeks which I was told is within the window so I will not worry about that. Enough already on my mind. The good news, baby's h/r was at 143bpm and everything looks fine thus far! The tech saw all the organs, heart is beating fine, two arms and legs, placenta and cord look fine. :) No picture b/c baby would not cooperate and get out of its tightly curled ball. It made me smile...baby looked so comfy and happy, right at home where it should be. It makes me happy knowing that this time around my body is still sustaining this precious little baby.
I feel baby moving quite a bit, just lately the movement has increased to that rolling motion, not just the little taps. Such a great thing to feel...makes me so happy and at ease, esp considering I don't have a doppler to listen to baby's heartbeat when I want. I can't wait for the bigger kicks so Daddy and Ethan can feel baby too!
So, I go back for another anatomy ultrasound in two weeks...I'm happy about that! I have a feeling since things are going well, that I will not be getting too many ultrasounds after this. I really want an updated picture of baby so I hope baby cooperates and stretches out a bit next time! I told Ethan I would get a picture of baby to show him, although I wonder if he will be able to tell by looking at the scan picture...even some adults can't tell what they are looking at!
Ethan is so excited about his new brother/sister coming. It is so different then when I was pregnant with Julia. I guess he is that much older and can understand abstract notions a bit better. Almost every day he asks me if he can teach the baby this or that. Just this morning he asked if he could teach the baby how to climb up on his bed! I told him yes, but first he needs to teach the baby how to roll over and how to hold onto things. I don't think he gets it, but he'll understand eventually. He is going to be such a great big brother!!
So for the past few days I have been at home nursing a head cold that is trying to move down to my chest. It's been a nice reprieve from work, although I do wish that I didn't have this cold at all. I am starting to feel better, but I can't help but think that if I was not pregnant it would have been moving along a bit more quickly.
When I started feeling a bit better yesterday I was able to catch up on all my blogging! I don't think I had read anything since before the weekend. Where does time go?? It's so nice to "meet" with all of you on a regular basis and see where everyone is at...every time I go on I am so grateful to have this community for support. :)
Well, I'm off to make some hot tea...enough of these Cheetos (my latest craving!), I need to get some delicious, juicy, flavourful Ontario peaches from my fruit bowl! (my other constant craving...fresh juicy fruit!)
I hope you are all having a good week. :)
I am sorry you are suffering through a head cold. It STINKS! Hope it goes away soon! Love the picture in my head of your sweetheart all comfy and curled up. Even if there was no picture cooperation, just thinking about that sweetness warms my heart!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo