Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost 12 weeks!

I have no time anymore to post on here! Between caring for Lauren, having Ethan home with me part time, housework, errands, reading about raising toddlers, visiting friends and family, doing Girl Guide stuff I have no time left!

Lauren is almost 12 weeks old. :) She is doing great! I can't believe she has already had like three colds, but what do you expect from an older brother who loves to talk to her...inches from her face because we told him she can't see very far? LOL!


Ethan in his big brother pj's and Lauren in her little sister shirt

For a while there, she was gaining weight very quickly, but I think she has slowed down now. I think it was because she was born three weeks early and she was playing catch up from not being in my tummy. At her last doc appt about 3 weeks ago she was almost 12 lbs. I think she must be over 13 now! One concern about her heart having a tiny hole was that her appetite may be low due to being tired, but it has not been a problem, and I am so grateful for that. But comparing that to losing a baby, it just seems like such a small concern. She will go back to the cardiologist at 6 months for another listen and perhaps another look.

She has started talking to us, and I just love having conversations with her. She is most happy right after I feed her and she smiles and makes her cute noises. She has also started reaching out to some of the toys in front of her and gets that really determined look on her face just like Ethan had at that age. She reminds me so much of him!

Ethan is a great big brother. He is gentle and kind, aware of her needs and wants to help her feel better when she is hungry or sad. He wants to tell everyone at his school about her, and tells anyone who meets her her full name. Ethan doesn't know it, but a lot of the time he is running around, dancing in his seat or on the floor Lauren is watching him - eyes glued on his every move! I love to watch her watching him. I think she will be following him around all the time when she become mobile! I know Ethan can't wait until she will be big enough to play with him.


Ethan is entertaining Lauren and her eyes are glued on him!


I can't wait until the warmer weather is here to stay. Winter has been teasing us long enough and the garden and stroller are calling me.


Lauren on her first stroller ride


2 comments:

  1. She looks like you!!! She's adorable. Can't believe that she's 12 weeks already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the picture update. :) My, how time flies?!

    ReplyDelete